KNOW YOUR RIGHTS IN THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
Yayasan Sultan Idris Shah (YSIS), respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data. This Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, Personal Data shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, "we", "our" or "us" shall refer to Yayasan or its affiliates and "you" shall refer to yourself and such other persons or companies represented by you of which you are providing the Personal Data.
A. INFORMATION COLLECTED
- The Personal Data about you may include information such as your photograph, name , contact details, address, identity card number or passport number, gender, race, nationality, ethnic origin, occupation or profession, employer’s details, date of birth, email address, marital status, spouse’s details, children’s details, referee’s details, age, income, salutation, sociological and/ or lifestyle data including but not limited to car registration details, previous employer’s details, introducer’s details, property details and financial details.
- Personal Data shall also include “sensitive personal data” consisting of medical information relating to the physical or mental health or condition of a data owner, his political opinions, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of asimilar nature, the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence.
- Your Personal Data are collected from various sources including but not limited to information received:
- Through your Donation Form
- Through your Job Application Form, Resume or CV
- Through your Corporate Partnership form
- Through third parties including referral
- Through information obtained independently by us from other lawful sources
B. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING OF PERSONAL DATA
1. By providing any of your Personal Data to YSIS you hereby agree that YSIS shall collect, retain and use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To assess & evaluate your condition for the appropriate type of therapy
- To assist you in applying for subsidies from Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat
- To assist you in applying for subsidies from other sponsors e.g. Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO) etc.
- To determine if you are in need of any additional financial assistance
- To generate publicity materials for YSIS
- To record the progress of your therapy sessions & advise you accordingly
- To gauge the effectiveness of our therapy sessions to the general public
- To track your donations & ensure timely issuance of your tax exempt receipts
- To invite you to our fundraising events
- To evaluate if you are suitable for employment with YSIS & to conduct reference check with your previous employers, if deemed necessary
- To pay your salary as well as other statutory obligations e.g. Income tax, Employees Provident Fund (EPF), Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO), Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN) etc.
- To use it for any other purposes that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to YSIS’ purpose
2. We may either contact you for the purpose as set out in (B) above via telephone calls, emails, text messaging, post, facsimile, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
C. USE AND DISCLOSURE
1. Your Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential but you agree that YSIS may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) amongst any of its associates and affiliates and/or to third parties as may be necessary or appropriate including but not limited to YSIS':
- Sponsors e.g. Ministry of Health (MOH), Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA), Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO) etc.;
- Our fundraising event partners;
- Banks & credit card companies;
- Regulators/ statutory boards e.g. Ministry of Health (MOH), Cawangan Kawalan Amalan Perubatan Swasta (CKAPS), Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN), Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP), Pertubuhan Keselamatan Sosial (PERKESO), Registrar Of Societies (ROS) or any other government authorities;
- Companies providing services to YSIS such as insurance coverage, consultancy or any other relevant services;
- Our professional advisers such as auditors, tax agents, lawyers and consultants;
- Any other part(ies) whom you have authorized us to disclose your Personal Data to
D. PERSONAL DATA GIVEN BY YOU
1. You hereby confirm that you have obtained the consent from the persons and/ or companies represented by you for you to provide their respective Personal Data to us for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in(C) above.
E. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
1. Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in the YSIS offices or stored in server located in Malaysia and operated by the YSIS or its service and product providers in Malaysia.
2. Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by YSIS as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect YSIS' interest.
3. YSIS does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by YSIS.
1. Personal Data held by YSIS will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
2. Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner (including those sent or posted in YSIS' Website) will be deemed voluntarily provided to YSIS on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
3. YSIS reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/ or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
G. SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
1. YSIS uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
2. For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while YSIS strives to protect such Personal Data, YSIS cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to YSIS and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into YSIS' possession, YSIS will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
H. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
1. Under the Act, you have the right to access to your Personal Data held by YSIS on payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that YSIS correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
2. If you have any question regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to YSIS for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (B) above or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the parties stated in (C) above, you may send your request in writing at the following address: Lot 158413, Lorong Bercham 11,
Bercham, 31400 Ipoh, Perak.
3. Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, YSIS may still process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law and as required under the contractual conditions.
4. YSIS reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
I. CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
1. YSIS reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. YSIS advises that you check this Privacy Notice on our YSIS’ website on a regular basis.